Earn a Master's, Doctoral and PHD degrees (postgraduate degrees) in your area of interest by choosing from over 20+ departments at Njala University in Sierra Leone
ONLINE APPLICATION FOR THE 2022/2023 ACADEMIC YEAR
Njala University wishes to inform prospective applicants and the general public that it will open the online applications on Wednesday, 3rd August 2022 for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses tenable at Njala University for the 2022/2023 academic year.
All prospective applicants wishing to gain admission into Njala University MUST obtain application PINS at the Sierra Leone Commercial Bank in Freetown or any of their branches in the regions at the cost of Le 400 (new denomination) for Undergraduate Courses and Le 600 (new denomination) for Postgraduate Courses in lieu of application processing fee.
Applicants are strongly advised to visit Njala University website https://njala.edu.sl for details of the entry requirements into the various Programmes offered by the Schools and Departments.
All prospective applicants MUST apply ONLINE through the Njala University website: https://njala.edu.sl
The DEADLINE for submission of applications is Friday, 14th October 2022
General Admission Requirements for Graduate Programmes
A. Taught Masters Programmes
The basic requirement for admission into a postgraduate programme of Njala University is a degree from a recognized university in the relevant field of study. Departments may, however, demand additional requirements.
B. M.Phil and PhD Programmes
The Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degrees of Njala University are, essentially, research-based degrees awarded to candidates of outstanding academic and professional standing. Admission into these programmes, therefore, is based on the number of criteria that candidate should meet. These include (but not limited to) the following:
- Possession of a first degree of at least Second Class, First division (21)
- Possession of postgraduate qualification (PGDE; M.A.; M.Sc.; M.Ed. etc.)
- Clear articulation of a research focus to be contained in the Abstract submitted with the application form
- Evidence that the candidate is in touch with or has identified a competent supervisor in the University willing to supervise him/her is an advantage.
Duration of Programme
Unless otherwise stated,
• Masters Programmes (Full-Time) are of Two (2) Calendar Years and (Part-Time) Three (3) Calendar Years duration.