Dr. Tamba S. Sonda
Head of Department - Institute of Food Technology, Nutrition & Consumer Studies
Summary of profile
- A professional with over 20 years of both local and international experience in teaching and research in food and nutritional sciences.
- International experience in Food Research and Product Development
- A wealth of experience in Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- International and local experience in developing curriculum and Instructional materials (Textbooks) in Food Science & Technology for Technical & Vocational Education and Training Institutions.
- Experience in developing and writing instructional modules for the Right to Food for Universities.
- A wealth of international & local experience in administrative functions
- Experience in conducting and publishing individual and joint laboratory and field research in Food & Nutritional Sciences.
PhD - Food Science
MSc - Food Science & Eng
BSc – Agric. Ed
- Laboratory analysis of food samples
- General Administrative Functions
- Research & Publications
- Teaching & Community Service
- Student Management
- Module and Course Design
- Food Resources Research & Development; Bio-fortification; Micro- & Macro-Nutrient Deficiency;
- The exploitation of untapped food nutrient resources; Food & Nutrition Security; Food Processing & Preservation