Place of work: Njala University, Bo Campus
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A recognized medical qualification and at least fifteen (15) years post registration experience. A postgraduate qualification in Tropical medicine and/or Public Health. Possession of the West African Fellowship for General practitioners or its equivalent.
At least ten (10) years supervisory experience in a Governmental hospital, private clinic or University clinic.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Should be able to organize seminars to update staff members of the hospital/clinic on recent developments in medical practice.
- Should be able to supervise other medical staff and Medical Students working in the hospital/clinic which he/she heads.
- Should give talks to the University Community on:
- Health Education generally and family planning in particular.
- Human Nutrition
- Should be able to carry out minor surgical procedures e.g. incision of abscess and suture wounds
- Should be able to convene a medical board for a patient that requires such service
Method of Application:
If you would like to apply, send an up-to-date CV and a covering letter, which should include summary of the reason why you would like to be appointed and the qualifications and experience you will bring to the University together with three referees. Alternatively, you can also apply online at: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com OR Use the Job Application form to apply. Please note that 10th March, 2021 is the closing date.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Please send the names, address and contact numbers/email addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted