Reporting to - The Finance Director
Place of work: Njala University, Njala Campus
Eligibility criteria/Qualification & Experience:
Recognised professional accounting qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, ACM, CA, ACA with at least five years experience at a supervisory level.
A Master's degree in Financial Accounting or related discipline from a recognised University with at least ten years experience at a supervisory level.
Main purpose of Job:
To cooperate with and assist the Finance Director in the management and administration of the University funds in accordance with such financial management policy as may be prescribed by the University Court.
Key duties include but not limited to the following:
- To cooperate with and assist the Finance Director in the preparation and modification of the annual budget in accordance with guidelines provided by the Sierra Leone Government Ministry of Finance and Economic Development.
- Administration and implementation of the operational strategies.
- Contribute to Financial risk management strategic policy and procedures.
- Answers internal and external auditors on any accounting transactions.
- Assist in managing the payroll system.
- Any other duties delegated by the Finance Director and the Vice-Chancellor.
- Comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- A good team player.
- Capable of working effectively under sustained pressure.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft applications and quick Books
- Must be able to demonstrate high degree of integrity and confidentiality
Method of Application:
If you would like to apply, send an up-to-date CV and a covering letter, which should include summary of the reason why you would like to be appointed and the qualifications and experience you will bring to the University together with three referees. Alternatively, you can also apply online at: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org OR Use the Job Application form to apply. Please note that 10th March, 2021 is the closing date.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Please send the names, address and contact numbers/email addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted