Reporting to - The Director, Research and Development
Place of work: Njala University, Njala Campus
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Proven leadership and Management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent business management skills
- Ability to supervise tasks and supervise others
- A master’s degree in relevant area plus five (5) years working experience in managerial position
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage client relationships and identify new opportunities for new contracts
- Analyse data and generate reports to identify potential for business growth
- Monitor local and national regulations
- Establish and implement an acceptable Value for Money framework for the University to ensure that all its operations and systems are compliant with the principles of transparency, equity, economy, effectiveness and efficiency to meet a range of national and international standards or international best practice for universities.
- Protect, promote and enhance the brand value of Njala University as reputable institution of higher learning providing services in research, training and community services. In the same vein, it shall also seek to protect, promote and market the intellectual property of Njala University in the local and international arena.
- Direct and supervise all existing or emerging university investments or commercial services with the primary aim of ensuring their viability, sustainability and continuous growth. In this regard, this Directorate will review technical and financial investment plans and reports from all managers or Directors of university businesses and investments for necessary advice, support and onward submission to the University Senate and Court, as appropriate.
- Promote a business culture across the university by facilitating the establishment of a strong network of business promoters who will be trained as trainers to operate at school level.
- Reach out to potential investors and funding agencies for the purposes of business (not research) and secure funds and funding commitments/arrangements.
Deal directly or collaboratively with relevant units in the university to address all other matters of relevance to the university’s sustainability and growth in general
Method of Application:
If you would like to apply, send an up-to-date CV and a covering letter, which should include summary of the reason why you would like to be appointed and the qualifications and experience you will bring to the University together with three referees. Alternatively, you can also apply online at: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com OR Use the Job Application form to apply. Please note that 10th March, 2021 is the closing date.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Please send the names, address and contact numbers/email addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted