Reporting to: The Finance Director
Place of work: Njala University, Njala Campus
Duties and Responsibilities:
The SAFO will,
- Prepare claims/commitment forms for government subvention for the attention of the Finance Director
- Maintain a general ledger and produce a trial balance every month
- Ensure that journal vouchers are prepared by Finance Assistants and Clerks
- Prepare the payroll for the University, with the assistance of the Finance Assistant and Clerk for Personal Emoluments, and under the supervision of the Finance Director
- Supervise other Finance Assistants in preparing necessary ad-hoc, daily and monthly accounting information and in carrying out their other duties
- Have custody of accounting documents, e.g. cheque books, receipt books, payment voucher, etc.
A recognized professional qualification (ACCA, ACM, CA, ACA), with at least three years practical accounting experience in a supervising capacity;
- Numerical competency ability to learn and apply relevant accounting software,
- Ability to supervise team, well satisfactory Human Resources management ability; Good computer skills including MS Word, Excel, MS Out-Book, PowerPoint etc.
Method of Application:
If you would like to apply, send an up-to-date CV and a covering letter, which should include summary of the reason why you would like to be appointed and the qualifications and experience you will bring to the University together with three referees. Alternatively, you can also apply online at: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org OR Use the Job Application form to apply. Please note that 10th March, 2021 is the closing date.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Please send the names, address and contact numbers/email addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted