REPUBLIC OF SIERRA LEONE
MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND SANITATION
INTEGRATED HEALTH PROJECTS ADMINISTRATION UNIT
SCHOOL OF COMMUNITY HEALTH SCIENCES, KOWAMA
LOCATION, BO CAMPUS, SIERRA LEONE
Name of Project: Strengthening system for health and scaling up of interventions against Tuberculosis and Malaria
Grant No: 1691
Duration of the course: Two (2) Years
IDENTIFICATION NO: SLE-Z-MOHS/IHPAU/GF-1691/NJALA/2019/01
The Government of Sierra Leone has received funding from the Global Fund to address strengthening system for health and scaling up of interventions against Tuberculosis and Malaria. The Ministry of Health and Sanitation (MOHS) is the Principal Recipient (PR) of the Tuberculosis and Malaria Grant titled “Strengthening system for health and scaling up of interventions against Tuberculosis and Malaria”. Ministry of Health and Sanitation through the Directorate of Human Resources for Health intends to use part of the proceeds of the grants to finance Upskilling 225 State Enrolled Community Health Nurses (SECHN) to State Registered Nurses (SRNs) for which this invitation for candidates is issued. Ministry of Health and Sanitation through Integrated Health Projects Administration Unit in collaboration with School of Community Health Sciences, Kowama Location, Njala University Bo Campus, Sierra Leone now invites applications through the Njala University Admissions Portal (from qualified candidates for upskilling 225 State Enrolled Community Health Nurses (SECHN) to State Registered Nurses (SRNs) at School of Community Health Sciences, Njala University.
A. FUNDING/TUITION & DURATION OF COURSE
The funds received from the donor will cover the following student costs
- University tuition fees and other costs
- Lodging/transport allowance to Students
Students are only expected to cover the following costs.
Application processing fees of LE 300, 000
Successful candidates are expected to start in January 2020 and the course will end December 2021.
B. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATES
- Candidates must be State Enrolled Community Health Nurses (SECHN) possessing an updated License with at least three (3) years working experience.
- Candidates must have five (5) credits at WASSCE/G.C.E. O’Level in not more than two sittings, including English Language, Biology or Health Science and any other three science or science related courses.
- Candidates must be between 25-40 years of age
All applications must be submitted together with the copies of the following documents:
- SECHN Certificate
- WASSCE Certificates
- ID or Birth Certificate
- Cover Letter
- Payment/Deposit slip (LE300,000) Njala University Fees Account # 003010002429120119 at the Sierra Leone Commercial Bank
Interested eligible candidates may obtain further information in person from the Office of the Registrar, Njala Campus, Njala University, or School of Community Health Sciences, Kowama Location, Njala University Bo Campus on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 14.00 hours to 17.00 hours local time each working day. The deadline for requesting clarification is 30th November 2019.
C. Prospective applicants will pay an application processing fee of LE 300,000 to the Njala University Fees Account # 003010002429120119 at the Sierra Leone Commercial Bank
D. Eligible applicants will be contacted for an interview. Applicants are advised to apply with current mobile phone numbers.
E. The admissions portal will be closed at 12 pm on 18 December, 2019. Late applications will not be possible. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply before the deadline date.
F. The address for submission of application documents is stated below: https://app.njala.edu.sl
Instructions for Online Application:
1. At the top menu of the University website: https://njala.edu.sl, click “APPLY ONLINE‟ to access the University Admissions Portal: https://app.njala.edu.sl. At the top menu of the Admissions Portal, click “Getting Started‟. Observe the following preparation activities that help your application:
- You must start with knowing the Admissions Requirements, which identify documents you need for the fulfilment of the admissions requirements.
- Additional information (including the step by step instructions) are provided to help you get through. You must obtain all the documents needed as your preparation to start your online application processing
- Create an account if you don't have one already. To create your account Login, you are to use the login and password generated online for this purpose.
2. Select Undergraduate to fill in the application online and submit with your documents needed to fulfil the admissions requirement.
Note: The name of the program to choose is "HD in Nursing (SECHN-SRN) " and you may find it at the bottom of the programs.