Njala University (NU), a multi-disciplinary public university in Sierra Leone. With the passing of the Universities Act 2005, Njala became an autonomous university with two campuses – the Njala Campus at Njala in the Moyamba District and the Bo Campus in the Bo District. It also operates locations in Freetown at Henry Street.
Njala University (NU) is soliciting applications from suitably qualified Sierra Leoneans to fill the following permanent positions
If you would like to apply, send an up-to-date CV and a covering letter, which should include summary of the reason why you would like to be appointed and the qualifications and experience you will bring to the University together with three referees. Alternatively, you can also apply online at: https://njala.edu.sl/about/vacancy-announcements
Applications should be addressed to the Acting Registrar, Njala University Secretariat, Njala Campus or by email to email@example.com
Position: Public Relations Officer
Reporting to: The Registrar
Place of work University Secretariat, Njala University, Moyamba district
Reporting to the Registrar, the Public Relations Officer will be responsible for marketing the University especially to stakeholders, internal and external communications. He or She will be also responsible for communicating a positive and consistent image of the University to the media, including Publication of adverts and press releases
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with appropriate Campus Officers to establish public relations program goals/objectives in support of the mission of the institution, including procedures for periodic evaluations
- Work with Administrators, Deans and Directors on appropriate Public Relations programs, providing counsel/expertise towards their development/implementation
- Develop and coordinate publicity and other communications support related to events/programs within assigned responsibility and assist other groups sponsoring programs in publicizing their events
- Serve as official representative/spokesperson for the institution in disseminating information about programs, plans, events and activities to the news media and responding to media queries about the same
- Evaluate public relations special events, programs and projects in assigned area of responsibility and revise, as necessary
- Serve as Campus Protocol Officer, assisting other offices in assuring that proper procedures, arrangements, publicity and informational services are provided for visits of distinguished persons or Campus social functions
- Act as the University’s Representative with appropriate off-campus organizations, groups and agencies
- Participate in Conferences /Workshops for professional development
- A Masters degree in the following disciplines from a recognized University: Marketing, Media and Communication or Journalism .A minimum of five (5) years experience in a similar role.
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent communications skills
- Ability to work in a diverse team of professionals
- High proficiencies in MS Office products`
- Excellent analytical and thinking skills
- Ability to convey strategic directions towards all levels across the staff cadre
- Ability to deliver presentations in a well-structured and logical manner.
Advertised Date: 01 June 2019
Closing Date: 5th July 2019
Method of Application:
If you would like to apply, send an up-to-date CV and a covering letter, which should include summary of the reason why you would like to be appointed and the qualifications and experience you will bring to the University together with three referees.
Applications should be addressed to the Acting Registrar, Njala University Secretariat, Njala Campus or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can also apply online at: https://njala.edu.sl/about/vacancy-announcements