VACANCY AT NJALA UNIVERSITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Registrar, Njala University.
JOB TITLE: Registrar
SUPERVISOR: The Vice-Chancellor and Principal
DUTY LOCATION: The Registry, University Secretariat, Njala Campus
- Principal adviser to the Vice-Chancellor and Principal on administrative matters;
- Responsible for the conduct of the administrative business of the University other than that assigned to the Court;
- Secretary to the Court and to the Senate;
- Custodian of the University seal, and
- Perform such other duties as shall be prescribed by the Statutes.
- Provide oversight to ensure the production of a summarized Annual Report on Human Resources and Academic Matters for inclusion into the Vice-Chancellor and Principal’s Annual Report.
- Supervise the production of prospectus for the University, detailing courses of study and entry requirements for each academic year.
- Serve as secretary to all statutory committees of the University.
- Supervise the preparation of Senate and Court working documents.
- Supervise, maintain and update the records of the University linkages and membership with international Bodies / Institutions and ensure that the University meets its financial obligations where necessary.
- Supervise the work of the Registry in all the areas of operations under his/her direct control.
- Supervise the work of committees including the conduct of statutory and ad hoc meetings particularly the recording and circulation of minutes and preparation of decision sheets and ensuring that matters arising from the minutes are promptly attended to and followed up.
- Shall have competency to liaise with Senior Personnel in the tripartite structure (Public, Private and University Section) on matters relating to the administration of the University.
- Shall establish efficient, effective and harmonious working relationship with the Deputy Registrars on the campuses on all administrative matters.
- To perform other duties assigned by the Vice-Chancellor and Principal and statutory committees.
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements.
A Master’s degree in Educational Administration or a related discipline plus ten years post qualification experience or promotion from the position of senior deputy registrar plus four positive consecutive annual appraisals.
Advance ICT skills, working knowledge and skills in examination matters such as setting of questions and computing of grades, skills in curriculum development and educational assignment; Skills in Human Resources Management including staff evaluation and matters relating to advocacy and income generation
Applicant must have an unblemished record in the management of student records and university finances
Must be quite au fait with University regulations, be creative, apply strategic management skills, have ability to take timely and informed decisions, have good public relations, internal and leadership skills, have good work ethics and must passion for excellence.
- REMUNERATION – Attractive
- CLOSING DATE – Midday 18th November 2019
- METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications should include a motivational letter, copies of curriculum vitae, relevant certificates and names and addresses of three referees, one of whom should be your present or last employer. Applications should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Njala University, University Secretariat, Njala Campus, with copies to the Pro Chancellor and the Vice-Chancellor and Principal.
VACANCY AT NJALA UNIVERSITY
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancy at Njala University.
JOB TITLE: Finance Director, NU.
SUPERVISOR: Vice-Chancellor and Principal, NU.
DUTY STATION: The University Finance Office, University Secretariat, Njala Campus.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
(a) Administer the university funds in accordance with such financial management policy as may be prescribed by the University;
(b) Prepare the annual budget and financial report to be submitted to the Court by the Vice-Chancellor and Principal, and
(c) Advise the Vice-Chancellor and Principal on all financial matters
To provide effective leadership in the management of the finance department under the supervision of Vice-Chancellor and Principal and effectively plan, direct, monitor and control the financial activities of the University.
- Ensure preparation of quarterly financial management reports for the attention of the Finance and General Purposes Committee (F & GPC) of the University Court.
- Present to the Vice-Chancellor & Principal periodic financial management reports.
- Ensure the preparation of annual financial statements for the audit of the University.
- Represent the university in workshops and other external meetings pertaining to the funding and other related financial matters of the University.
- Prepare the annual budget in accordance with guidelines provided by the Sierra Leone Government through the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development
- Efficiently manage the payroll system.
- Monitor/supervise the financial activities and operations of the University’s constituent Campuses.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time by the Vice-Chancellor and Principal.
- A recognized professional qualification in Accounting (AACA, CIMA/ACA or Equivalent) or Master of Finance and Accounting.
- Ten years post qualification experience or promotion to the position of Deputy Finance Director plus 4 consecutive annual appraisals.
- Senior Management Development Training.
Advance ICT skills, especially Excel. Experience with the management and use of accounting software such as SAGE and QuickBooks will be an advantage. Experience in Budget Preparation software will also be an advantage.
Applicant must have an unblemished record in the management of student records and University finances
- Strategic thinking, excellent financial management, leadership and team building skills.
- Understanding of local and international financial standards
- Ability to provide strategic and financial direction.
- Ability to plan and execute financial programmes/projects.
- Ability to organize, supervise and monitor tasks assigned to staff in the directorate.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- High integrity and moral standards.
- Ability to manage change and proffer creative solutions to challenges.
CLOSING DATE- Midday 18th November 2019
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications should include a motivational letter, copies of curriculum vitae, relevant certificates and names and addresses of three referees, one of whom should be your present or last employer. Applications should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Njala University, University Secretariat, Njala Campus, with copies to the Pro Chancellor and the Vice Chancellor and Principal.